McGill linguists are in Washington DC for the 90th Annual Meeting of the Linguistics Society of America which takes place January 7–10th. The LSA meeting also includes sessions of the American Dialect Society and the Society for the Study of Indigenous Languages of Latin America.
- Charles Boberg (McGill University): Newspaper dialectology: harnessing the power of mass media in collecting dialect data (ADS)
- Colin Brown (McGill University): Genitive/ergative in Gitksan (SSILA)
- Bing’er Jiang (McGill University), Jianjing Kuang (University of Pennsylvania): Consonant effects on tonal registers in Jiashan Wu
- Hadas Kotek (McGill University), Michael Yoshitaka Erlewine (National University of Singapore): Unifying definite and indefinite free relatives: evidence from Mayan
- Cora Lesure (McGill University), Lauren Clemens (SUNY Albany): Prosodic boundary marking in Ch’ol: acoustic indicators and their applications (SSILA)