Later this week Concordia University will host the 46th Northeast Linguistics Society annual meeting. McGill linguists will be presenting a number of talks and posters. Hope to see you there!
- Modal Selectivity in the Nominal Domain: Spanish “Uno Cualquiera” – Luis Alonso-Ovalle (McGill), Paula Menéndez-Benito (Pompeu Fabra)
- Locality Exponence in Distributed Morphology: Root Suppletion in Slovenian – Jurij Božič (McGill)
- When Adverbs Embed Clauses: An explanation of variability in Kaqchikel Agent Focus – Jessica Coon (McGill), Robert Henderson (U. Arizona)
- Epistemic must is not evidential, it’s epistemic – Daniel Goodhue (McGill)
- Toward a bestiary of English intonational contours – Daniel Goodhue (McGill), Lyanna Harrison (McGill), Yuen Tung Clémentine Su (McGill), Michael Wagner (McGill)
- Unifying Definite and indefinite free relatives: Evidence from Mayan – Hadas Kotek (McGill), Michael Yoshitaka Erlewine (U. Singapore)
- Two accounts of factive islands – Bernhard Schwarz (McGill), Alexandra Simonenko (Labex EFL)