McLing continues its end-of-year reporting on local linguists’ summer plans:
- Second-year Linguistics major Stephanie Gervais will be interning this summer at the Technical University of Berlin as a research assistant in Cognitive Linguistics, while also learning German.
- Cora Lesure received an ARIA summer research internship for her Honours Thesis work on Chol phonetics and prosody. She will travel to Chiapas, Mexico in July with supervisors Lauren Clemens and Jessica Coon.
- Colin Brown heads to British Columbia where he’ll be doing fieldwork this summer on Gitskan, in preparation for his MA thesis.
- In August, Francesco Gentile is planning to head to the European Summer School in Logic, Language and Information (ESSLLI 2015), held this year at his alma mater, the Universitat Pompeu Fabra
- Donghyun Kim will be presenting at the Korean Society of Speech Sciences Conference and also at the Linguistic Society of Korea Conference during his summer visit to Korea.
Hadas Kotek will be attending the workshop “Generative Syntax in the Twenty-first Century: The Road Ahead” in Greece at the end of May, and then will head to the SIAS Summer Institute “The Investigation of Linguistic Meaning: In the Armchair, in the Field, and in the Lab” in Berlin at the end of July.